Tamara Teeter Knapp's Page
- My interest is in
- Touch Drawing Personal Use, SoulCards Personal Use, Facilitating Touch Drawing, Facilitating SoulCards
- What brings you to an interest in Touch Drawing or SoulCards?
- I love touch drawing since being introduced several years ago by Kathleen Horne. I now do it almost exclusively at home, rather than other types of painting, and facilitate with others when I have the opportunity. I was privileged to help with an open studio in a rehabilitation hospital with people with Parkinson's and their caregivers, work with children using Touch Drawing, and facilitate through our studio at Expressive Arts Florida. Touch Drawing continues to be a vital part of my own creative process.
- My experience applies to:
- Art, Creativity, Education, Spiritual, Intuitive, Children, Teens, Aging, Health, Childbirth, Grief, Parkinsons, Meditation, Expressive Arts
- Other areas of interest & experience
- Some other areas of interest are at either end of the lifespan where the veil is thin. I would like to work with childbirth, miscarriage, and loss as well as death and dying for older people. I think that Touch Drawing lends itself perfectly to accessing these liminal spaces where the veil between worlds is thinned.
- Have you done Touch Drawing?
- Have you facilitated Touch Drawing?
- In what setting have you facilitated?
- I have facilitated in small private groups, in large classroom settings within an Art and Healing certificate program and with children,with Parkinson's patients in a rehabilitation hospital, and one-on-one with clients at home and in my studio.
- Share a special experience with Touch Drawing or SoulCards.
- I once was doing touch drawing next to one the caregivers in our Parkinsonian group. She has dementia and cannot remember how to do the drawings from one to the next. She was a seamstress, but says she has never drawn before. After I prompted her, she began and pulled her fingernails along the tissue until she had created a drawing of her and her husband of 60 years. The drawing that followed was a drawing of their two children. I am amazed at how she is able to create through her soul what she is not aware she is "capable of".
- Do you facilitate SoulCards with others?
- City, state, zip and/or region and country
- Sarasota, FL 34232
- My website is
Tamara Teeter Knapp's Photos
Tamara Teeter Knapp's Videos